Happy Halloween Eve!
Callaghan and I have been celebrating Halloween all week, wanting to make up for the fact that we’ll be apart on the actual holiday. He left yesterday for a 12-day business trip in France (Normandy)… so yes, the week-long celebration was necessary. Priorities.
Actually, we’ve been in Halloween celebration mode all month.
I have no Halloween plans for tomorrow. At first I wanted to go to SCARIZONA Scaregrounds with a friend, but then I
chickened out re-thought that plan because they promise to prey on “every possible phobia,” and there’s no way I’m risking the possibility of roaches (real or not). I’m thinking roachaphobia is common enough that Scarizona masterminds would use it in the creation of their haunted house “experiences.” I’m a risk-taker in some ways, but not in the roach way. NOPE. Not going.
Instead, kitties and I will enjoy a quiet, spooky Halloween together.
I’m looking at 12 days of quality bonding time with Nounours and Nenette. But fear not – I am planning on some crazy shenanigans for the duration. As they say, the cat will play while the Callaghan’s away.
Here’s some of what’s about to go down:
- Reading (All the Light We Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr)
- Writing (I round-filed both of my neglected big projects, but this new one is actually a starting-over of one of the discarded ones.)
- Watching Netflix (Yes, I’ve returned to Netflix. What can I say.)
- Playing with furbabies (Nenette will learn that I can be just as fun as Daddy when it comes to playing.)
- Taking the bus (to work – this is new) and walking (home from work). I still refuse to pay for parking at work when we live so close.
- Eating simply. (For the next 12 days, I’m basically going to live on salad, baked sweet potatoes, broccoli, brown rice, quinoa, hummus, peanut butter, bread, and fruit. Because these are foods I love, I’m lazy about cooking, and I don’t want to spend time thinking about it.)
- Getting my hair cut. (YAY new hair, plus I get to see my girl Melanie!)
And, so as to not make too much of a ruckus up in here:
- Updating/cleaning up some of this blog’s details, i.e. the About page, stuff in the sidebar, some of the links and tags and categories, etc., etc. Long overdue.
It’s not an exhaustive list, but it captures the main agenda. You get the idea. It doesn’t take much to amuse me.
Case in point: I was too easily amused by this exchange with Callaghan yesterday morning when he was at the airport, texting to tell me about his pre-boarding adventures.
You know how a text conversation can get off-sync when you receive a message while you’re texting, so after you send the one you were writing, you immediately answer the new one that came in, and the messages accumulate out of order because the timing got messed up, plus you were talking about two different things at once, so now your phone displays a merging of replies on different subjects, and it either doesn’t make sense at all, or it just looks wrong?
This is what happens when you’re texting about airport security procedures and breakfast at the same time. It’s all fun and games until someone gets a scone up his butt. Of course, it had to be Callaghan.